Justin Ho is a writer who grew up in Hawaii but spent most of his time in online worlds. Now a bit more grounded, he’s currently pursuing traditional publishing, keeping up with YA releases, and learning Korean (code for watching too much TOMORROW X TOGETHER and BTS content). He loves helping other writers hone their craft, particularly in creating diverse and accurately-represented characters. As a social work student, he recognizes the importance of cultural awareness. While editing, he promises kindness, honesty, and a bit of swooning mixed in.
Justin grew up on YA novels and loves speculative and contemporary stories. He’s interested in expanding genres and would love to read almost anything. Ownvoices stories are also a huge passion of his.
Justin’s favorite authors are Marie Lu and Leigh Bardugo, and some of his favorite books include PICTURE US IN THE LIGHT, SIX OF CROWS, LEGEND, and ILLUMINAE.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Chinese American
- LGBTQ+ community
- Schizoaffective Disorder (Bipolar Type 1 + Schizophrenia)
- Interpersonal, institutional, and internalized homophobia
- Growing up in a Christian school
- Growing up in Hawaii
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment
- Gaming community experience
- Stan culture (Pop stars, One Direction, K-pop)
- Fan fiction reader and writer
Contemporary Sci-Fi Fantasy
Horror Gore Erotica