Katherine DeGilio’s greatest dream is to have one of her quotes said at the beginning of a Criminal Minds episode. So far, her writing has reached the readers of Maudlin House & Scribble Literary, among others. DeGilio has worked as a creative writing teacher for Young Authors Workshop LLC, a writing intern for Psych2Go Magazine, and a literary agent intern for Creative Media Agency Inc., which she believes gives her a lot of insight into the query editing process. Her favorite book is ever-changing, but she always has a soft spot for Harry Potter (team Hufflepuff). As a child, Katherine’s goal in life was to be Kissing Kate Barlow from Holes. Since the Wild West has diminished, she’s decided to be a writer and editor instead. She assumes those professions share equal kill counts.
Check out her spotlight blog post here!
Award Winning Author
- Story of the Month Winner (Fifty Word Stories, October 2018)
- Story of the Year Finalist (Fifty Word Stories, January 2018)
- Poem of the Week Winner (Third Wednesday, October 2019)
Sensitivity / Expert
- LGBTQ+ characters
- Drag culture
- Geek Culture (specifically Cosplaying and fan fiction)
- ADHD (childhood and adult)
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD
- Pescatarian/vegetarian lifestyle
- Feminism (working in a male dominate field)
- Religious Upbringing (specifically Methodist and Catholic)
- Abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual)
- Grief after death
- Growing up in the South (specifically Virginia and North Carolina)
- Working in publishing (specifically as a magazine intern and literary agent intern)
- Therapy, specifically Behavioral Cognitive Therapy
Young Adult Thriller Mystery Literary
What Clients Say
I had an amazing experience working with Katie on my query letter. Her feedback was precise, professional, and encouraging and I am more than happy with all the changes and suggestions she’s made. I would definitely recommend Salt & Sage to other writers.
This was my second time working with Salt & Sage. The team is great with communication and highly knowledgable about writing. Highly recommend!