Katie’s greatest dream is to have one of her quotes said at the beginning of a Criminal Minds episode. So far, her writing has reached the readers of Maudlin House & Scribble Literary, among others. She has worked as a creative writing teacher for Young Authors Workshop LLC, a writing intern for Psych2Go Magazine, and a literary agent intern for Creative Media Agency Inc., which she believes gives her a lot of insight into the query editing process. Her favorite book is ever-changing, but she always has a soft spot for Harry Potter (team Hufflepuff).
As a child, Katie’s goal in life was to be Kissing Kate Barlow from Holes. Since the Wild West has diminished, she’s decided to be a writer and editor instead. She assumes those professions share equal kill counts.
Check out her spotlight blog post here!
Sensitivity / Expert
- LGBTQ+ characters
- Drag culture
- Geek Culture (specifically Cosplaying and fan fiction)
- ADHD (childhood and adult)
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD
- Pescatarian/vegetarian lifestyle
- Feminism (working in a male dominate field)
- Religious Upbringing (specifically Methodist and Catholic)
- Abuse (physical, emotional, and sexual)
- Grief after death
- Growing up in the South (specifically Virginia and North Carolina)
- Working in publishing (specifically as a magazine intern and literary agent intern)
- Therapy, specifically Behavioral Cognitive Therapy
Young Adult Thriller Mystery Literary Romcom
What Clients Say
Salt and Sage was great to work with. They were open about their process and did their best to make my edit a positive experience. I loved my editor and how she not only made edits, but explained her thought process so that I was a better writer because of this experience.
Great. Professional and efficient throughout and very accommodating. Super service. The query letter round of edits were educational and eye-opening and very satisfying to see my dull pitch polished and become so very shiny. Thanks so much, Katie!