Nicole is a passionate storyteller and consumer of stories. She particularly loves building complex worlds and developing compelling characters. As a former ESL teacher and tutor, Nicole has a lot of experience looking at the finer points in writing that are often overlooked. When she is not spending time with her husband and three (soon to be four) children, she loves to read, travel, crochet, and craft. Her guilty pleasure is ditching the family to go to the movies all by herself.
Nicole loves fantasy, historical fiction, and self-help books. She has a special, soft-spot for teen fiction, and only avoids horror and erotica.
Nicole’s favorite books are the Happy Potter series, The Countess Below Stairs, and Girl, Wash Your Face.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Childbirth: traumatic, home, natural, PPD & PPA
- Mental health, including anxiety, depression, addiction, PTSD, bipolar, narcissism, and sociopaths
- Sexual assault
- Emotional/mental abuse by a parent, child of a mentally ill parent, therapy
- Institutionalization (mental hospital)
- Religions: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and Baptist
- Parenting anxious and depressed children
- Single parenting
- Foster care and CPS intervention
- Blended families
- Family court
- Locations: Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Texas, South Carolina, Colorado