"Nicole especially loves editing in complex worlds."
Nicole is a passionate storyteller and consumer of stories. She particularly loves building complex worlds and developing compelling characters.
As a former ESL teacher and tutor, Nicole has a lot of experience looking at the finer points in writing that are often overlooked. When she is not spending time with her husband and three (soon to be four) children, she loves to read, travel, crochet, and craft. Her guilty pleasure is ditching the family to go to the movies all by herself.
Nicole loves fantasy, historical fiction, and self-help books. She has a special, soft-spot for teen fiction, and only avoids horror and erotica.
Nicole’s favorite books are the Harry Potter series, The Countess Below Stairs, and Girl, Wash Your Face.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Childbirth: traumatic, home, natural, PPD & PPA
- Mental health, including anxiety, depression, addiction, PTSD, bipolar, narcissism, and sociopaths
- Sexual assault
- Emotional/mental abuse by a parent, child of a mentally ill parent, therapy
- Institutionalization (mental hospital)
- Religions: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and Baptist
- Parenting anxious and depressed children
- Single parenting
- Foster care and CPS intervention
- Blended families
- Family court
- Locations: Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Texas, South Carolina, Colorado
What Clients Say
Nicole was a pleasure to work with. She helped me understand what I need to work on for future books. This was my first book and editor. No question went unanswered, Erin made me feel comfortable with them. Loved the open communication.
I couldn’t have been more pleased with my experience with Salt & Sage. The editing I received was positive, professional, and in-depth. I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you!