Rebecca Blevins is the author of four published books. She has been freelance editing for several years and enjoys helping clients put the final polish on their manuscripts. She reads The Chicago Manual of Style for fun, and her deep POV technique is currently taught in an English course at USU. She enjoys teaching classes at writing conferences.
Her favorite manuscripts to work with are children’s chapter books and middle-grade fiction, adult contemporary speculative fiction, contemporary romance, and nonfiction.
Rebecca prefers her manuscripts PG-13 or lower.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Personal neurodivergent experience includes anxiety, clinical depression, unofficially diagnosed ADHD and OCD as well as dyscalculia.
- Parent of four children including three autistic sons (elementary, teen, adult), with all children having a mix of ADHD, OCD, clinical depression, anxiety disorders, and executive functioning challenges. Does not support Autism Speaks.
- Brain health (OCD, general anxiety disorder, clinical depression, non-military PTSD, postpartum depression, bulimia, body dysmorphic disorder, fat phobia)
- Chronic illness
- Body positivity
- Natural lifestyle (vegetarianism/veganism/plant-based eating, natural remedies, etc)
- Homeschooling (graduating from, teaching own children, transitioning to public school)
- High-risk pregnancy (bedrest, hyperemesis gravidarum, placenta previa, diabetes, traumatic birth)
- Medical trauma, medical sexual assault
- Midwestern USA
- Certified group fitness instructor, dance fitness, weight training
- Rural, small-town living
- GED graduate
- Growing up far below U.S. poverty line and on government welfare
Children's Middle Grade Contemporary Romance Science Fiction Nonfiction Contemporary Fantasy
Erotica Slasher Horror
What Clients Say
***** Five Stars! ***** Speedy, personalized, and everything I didn’t know I needed!
Erin Olds let me sample a few options and directed me toward which stage of editing I needed. Rebecca Blevins gave me a light Developmental Edit. She REALLY broke down my multiple genre plots and the importance of each chapter. She even helped me with some punctuation misunderstandings. I’ll definitely look into them for my next edits!
I loved my experience working with Rebecca and Fatin with line edits for my MG novel. They really went over and above with making sure my main characters voice sounded youthful and pointed out plot gaps that needed to be fix. I would definitely recommend using them if you want to make sure your story shine.