Rebecca Blevins is the author of four published books. She has been freelance editing for several years and enjoys helping
clients put the final polish on their manuscripts. She reads The Chicago Manual of Style for fun, and her deep POV technique is currently taught in an English course at USU. She enjoys teaching classes at writing conferences and is currently pursuing her MFA at VCFA.
Her favorite manuscripts to work with are children’s chapter books and middle-grade fiction, adult contemporary speculative fiction, contemporary romance, and nonfiction.
Rebecca prefers her manuscripts PG-13 or lower. She is currently only doing proofreads for manuscripts that have previously had a line edit.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Personal neurodivergent experience includes anxiety, clinical depression, unofficially diagnosed ADHD and OCD as well as dyscalculia.
- Parent of four children including three autistic sons (elementary, teen, adult), with all children having a mix of ADHD, OCD, clinical depression, anxiety disorders, and executive functioning challenges. Does not support Autism Speaks.
- Brain health (OCD, general anxiety disorder, clinical depression, non-military PTSD, postpartum depression, bulimia, body dysmorphic disorder, fat phobia)
- Chronic illness
- Body positivity
- Natural lifestyle (vegetarianism/veganism/plant-based eating, natural remedies, etc)
- Homeschooling (graduating from, teaching own children, transitioning to public school)
- High-risk pregnancy (bedrest, hyperemesis gravidarum, placenta previa, diabetes, traumatic birth)
- Medical trauma, medical sexual assault
- Midwestern USA
- Certified group fitness instructor, dance fitness, weight training
- Rural, small-town living
- GED graduate
- Growing up far below U.S. poverty line and on government welfare
Children's Middle Grade Contemporary Romance Romcom Science Fiction Nonfiction Contemporary Fantasy
Erotica Slasher Horror
What Clients Say
I have been working with Salt & Sage since August of 2020 and from the first day, they have been so wonderful to work with. From the developmental edit and line edit with Rebecca Blevins to Kim Vanderhorst editing my query, they are true professionals. I learned so much from both of them and they pointed out problems/corrections/edits that I would never have noticed or thought of. I definitely will choose both of them again for more editing!
I loved my experience working with Rebecca and Fatin with line edits for my MG novel. They really went over and above with making sure my main characters voice sounded youthful and pointed out plot gaps that needed to be fix. I would definitely recommend using them if you want to make sure your story shine.