Sachiko is a Japanese-American with an insatiable appetite for knowledge. She understands character motivation on a deep level and can help you dig deeper into your character than you thought possible. If your story has a fundamental flaw or a weak backstory, Sachiko will help you fix it.
Sachiko’s sensitivity reader work currently only includes editorial sensitivity reads.
Her favorite books are DUNE by Frank Herbert and TO SAY NOTHING OF THE DOG by Connie Willis.
Sensitivity / Expert
- Japanese-American characters, history, and issues, including hafu/quafu life
- White-presenting mixed-race; minority culture
- Large family life, homeschooling
- Traumatic childbirth, child loss, and grief
- Christianity, Puritanism, and religious sensitivity; post-Mormon concerns
- Trauma, sexual abuse/assault, PTSD, self-harm and suicidal ideation
- Recovery life and therapy
- Military life (specifically USAF)
- Body positivity, fatphobia, and fat activism
- Eating disorders
- Special needs children, specifically: failure-to-thrive, genetic issues, and early intervention
- Abusive relationships
- Mental inpatient care
What Clients Say
I hired Salt & Sage for a sensitivity read on my current manuscript. The entire process from initial contact to receiving feedback was great. The feedback was very helpful, both with specific details and also referring me to other resources for additional research. I would highly recommend Salt & Sage to all my writing friends. Thank you for such a wonderful experience!
I hired Salt & Sage to complete a sensitivity reading for my middle grade novel. They have been wonderful to work with. I appreciate the balance of professionalism mixed with a dash of friendliness. My concerns were addressed in depth and the positive feedback gave me that extra bit of courage to begin the querying process. It was a pleasure to work with Erin and Sachiko. I would definitely recommend their services to any of my writer friends.