Salt & Sage Books
We are a creative community of devoted readers, writers, and editors, and we’ve brought together our diverse skills and experiences in a single welcoming place, to help writers like you.
Top 10 Tags
Welcome to Week 3 of our Flash Fiction Contest, with the theme of SCARF.
Read the winning entry for week 1 right here!
Read the winning entry for week 2 right here!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Monday we announce that week’s theme.
- Every Saturday we close that week’s contest at midnight PST.
- Each entry must include that week’s theme, and be no more than 200 words in length
- You must be following Salt & Sage Books on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in order to be eligible to win
- Weekly prize: $20 voucher or 10% coupon for Salt & Sage Books, announced on Sundays
- Grand prize: $100 or 20% off voucher, announced December 31st
- Winners will be featured on our blog and on social media
I entered the last two weeks, can I enter again? You betcha!
My piece is just over 200 words. Can I stretch the word count? Nope. Please make it 200 words or fewer.
Where do I enter? Right here!
Join the Conversation
Other Posts You Might Like
Jul 7, 2019
Our June Memoir Soiree got a huge positive response! We were utterly delighted to help so many different people get started on writing their personal histories. It was especially exciting to see our prompts reach emerging writers and people who don’t usually consider themselves writers. This is the kind of community-building magic we’re all about! Read More
Jan 29, 2020
Welcome to the Salt and Sage Books Spotlight series! We believe that by honoring each other’s voices, we’re able to turn creativity into community, and change the world through story. In this spotlight series, we welcome you into our creative community by inviting you to meet our editors and expert readers, and to hear a little of their own story, in their own words. Read More
Dec 2, 2019
What happens when you go to a holiday party and someone asks, “How’s the writing going?” Do you cringe because you’ve been too busy searching online for gifts or hard-to-find ingredients, or decorating ugly sweaters? It can be difficult to find time to write during this season. Read More