Salt & Sage Books
We are a creative community of devoted readers, writers, and editors, and we’ve brought together our diverse skills and experiences in a single welcoming place, to help writers like you.
Top 10 Tags
Welcome to Week 3 of our Flash Fiction Contest, with the theme of SCARF.
Read the winning entry for week 1 right here!
Read the winning entry for week 2 right here!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Monday we announce that week’s theme.
- Every Saturday we close that week’s contest at midnight PST.
- Each entry must include that week’s theme, and be no more than 200 words in length
- You must be following Salt & Sage Books on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in order to be eligible to win
- Weekly prize: $20 voucher or 10% coupon for Salt & Sage Books, announced on Sundays
- Grand prize: $100 or 20% off voucher, announced December 31st
- Winners will be featured on our blog and on social media
I entered the last two weeks, can I enter again? You betcha!
My piece is just over 200 words. Can I stretch the word count? Nope. Please make it 200 words or fewer.
Where do I enter? Right here!
Join the Conversation
Other Posts You Might Like
Jul 24, 2019
Welcome to the Salt and Sage Books Spotlight series! We believe that by honoring each other’s voices, we’re able to turn creativity into community, and change the world through story. In this spotlight series, we welcome you into our creative community by inviting you to meet our editors and expert readers, and to hear a little of their own story, in their own words. Read More
Apr 22, 2020
This is the second post in a two-part series about what to do after finishing your first draft of a book. Go here to read the first post: Six Tips on Preparing Your Newly Drafted Novel for Revision You’ve finished writing your book. You’ve prepared your newly drafted novel for revision, and now you’re on the beach and finally ready to begin your first major pass up Revision Mountain. Read More
Oct 1, 2019
Books That See Us is an ongoing series of book reviews where Salt and Sage Books editors and sensitivity readers share representation done well. Today, our beloved David Pena reviews Alice Oseman’s I Was Born For This. David Pena Born and raised in Madrid, Spain, David is an editor and writer with a background in Psychology who loves books as much as he loves people. Read More