Salt & Sage Books
We are a creative community of devoted readers, writers, and editors, and we’ve brought together our diverse skills and experiences in a single welcoming place, to help writers like you.
Top 10 Tags
Welcome to Week 3 of our Flash Fiction Contest, with the theme of SCARF.
Read the winning entry for week 1 right here!
Read the winning entry for week 2 right here!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Monday we announce that week’s theme.
- Every Saturday we close that week’s contest at midnight PST.
- Each entry must include that week’s theme, and be no more than 200 words in length
- You must be following Salt & Sage Books on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in order to be eligible to win
- Weekly prize: $20 voucher or 10% coupon for Salt & Sage Books, announced on Sundays
- Grand prize: $100 or 20% off voucher, announced December 31st
- Winners will be featured on our blog and on social media
I entered the last two weeks, can I enter again? You betcha!
My piece is just over 200 words. Can I stretch the word count? Nope. Please make it 200 words or fewer.
Where do I enter? Right here!
Join the Conversation
Other Posts You Might Like
Dec 15, 2019
We received multiple entries for this week’s flash fiction contest. Some of them made us laugh (you know who you are, glitter bomb!); some of them made us think. But only one received the highest judging score. As the judges read the anonymous entries, here’s what they had to say… Read More
Aug 26, 2019
Welcome to the Salt and Sage Books Spotlight series! We believe that by honoring each other’s voices, we’re able to turn creativity into community, and change the world through story. In this spotlight series, we welcome you into our creative community by inviting you to meet our editors and expert readers, and to hear a little of their own story, in their own words. Read More
Dec 22, 2019
We received multiple entries for this week’s flash fiction contest. Some of them made us laugh; some of them made us sniffle. Some were deliciously scary! There were a surprising amount of red scarves… But only one of them beat out the competition and made all of our judges agree: this is the best flash fiction on the theme of SCARF that we received. Read More